Invisalign: Is it Right for You?
Ceramic Crowns – A ceramic crown is a porcelain based material that provides a natural look and can be blended to match with your other natural teeth. When you are especially concerned about the appearance of the crown, ceramic is a great choice. In recent years, new ceramics that are incredibly strong and durable have been introduced and been used successfully on posterior teeth. These specific materials are both esthetic and highly durable. At Midtown Dental, our state of the art CEREC Machine can be used to create a ceramic crown in one visit. You can read more about our CEREC Crowns here.
Straight teeth and beautiful smile is something that we all hope for. It’s not surprising, considering that 74% of American adults and teens suffer from crooked or misaligned teeth.
Crooked teeth aren’t just a cosmetic dental issue, they can lead to serious problems with your dental and overall health. The most common issues include premature wear, tooth loss, gum disease, and the buildup of bacteria associated with bigger problems, including heart disease.
Your Sacramento dentists at Midtown Dental offer a variety of solutions to help you address your crooked teeth and have the smile you always wanted. But before we can understand how to treat crooked teeth, it’s important to know what are the causes and understand the symptoms.
What Causes Crooked teeth?
There are a number of different causes that contribute to crooked teeth, but some of the most common reasons include:
- Crowding – Crowding occurs when all your teeth don’t fit in your jaw property normally. Symptoms include biting lips, cheeks, or tongue; lisping; speech changes; chipping or wearing of teeth; food traps; bad breath; difficulty flossing; jaw pain; headaches
- Gapped teeth – Gapped teeth refers to a space or gap between two teeth. While it is very common between the two upper front teeth, it can occur between any two teeth. Symptoms include biting lips, cheeks, or tongue; lisping; speech changes; food traps; bad breath
- Overbite – An overbite occurs when your upper front teeth overlap with your lower front teeth. While most people may have some amount of an overbite, it’s a serious problem when the overbite is too little or too large. Symptoms include cold sensitivity; receding gums; indentations at the gum line; chipping or wearing of teeth; dry mouth; mouth breathing; jaw pain; headaches
- Open bite – An open bite happens when some of your teeth are not able to touch the opposing teeth. An open bite prevents you from having a proper bite and can lead to pain and speech impediments. Symptoms include cold sensitivity; receding gums; indentations at the gum line; biting lips, cheeks, or tongue; lisping; speech changes; dry mouth; mouth breathing; jaw pain; headaches
There are many different options to treat corked teeth. We are all familiar with the most common method, traditional metal braces. Metal braces have been around for decades and certainly get the job done in terms of straightening your teeth. However, traditional braces are very visible and can significantly alter one’s smile and overall appearance. In addition, traditional braces require metal wires that must be adjusted regularly by an orthodontist.
Invisalign treatment is the modern way to straighten teeth, with custom made clear aligners. After taking a digital scan or impression of your teeth and mouth, your Sacramento dentist will develop a treatment plan using a series of custom-made, removable, and virtually invisible aligners.
Advantages of Invisalign
There are a number of advantages to using Invisalign over traditional metal braces. Some of the most important ones include:
- Up to 50% Faster – Invisalign clear aligners straighten teeth even faster — as much as 50% faster. And they are clear and removable, so you can see the progress every step of the way.
- Less Painful – With Invisalign, there are no brackets to rub or wires to break. And unlike most other aligners, Invisalign clear aligners are trimmed along the gum line for optimal patient comfort.
- Fewer, Shorter Office Visits – Invisalign treatment can give you back family time, because Invisalign clear aligners don’t need to be manually adjusted by your dentist. And you’ll never have an emergency visit due to broken wires or brackets.
If you have questions regarding crooked teeth and have always wanted to improve your smile, please contact Dr. Jenny Apekian and Dr. Christina Skelton at Midtown Dental in Sacramento today. To learn more about Invisalign, please visit our website at www.midtowndentalsacramento.com.