By Guest Blogger, Richard Mikesell
When it comes to choosing the best dentist in Sacramento, there are many choices, and it can be difficult to understand what really sets one dentist above all the others. You can rest assured that if they hold the DDS or DMD designation, they have had ample education and training. In some instances you will see that a dentist has had additional training that extends his or her expertise for certain dental skills and this, too, can be valuable. You will also see membership designations with various local and national dental associations, but nearly all dentists in Sacramento are members of these organizations, so this isn’t necessarily a distinctive characteristic. So how do you confidently discern which dentist is really the “best Sacramento dentist” for you and your family?
As a consultant to the dental profession for nearly ten years and having worked closely with nearly a hundred different dentists, I have learned to identify the essential attributes of a truly outstanding dental professional. A few of them stand out in my mind for being exceptional by every criterion I would use to identify and choose a dentist for me and my family. Here are those characteristics that I would use to choose an outstanding dentist in Sacramento.
- Personal Excellence. I am referring to demonstrated, or proven, academic and technical excellence. How well did a dentist perform in dental school? Did he or she achieve notable academic excellence or honors? Most of us know people who hold themselves to the highest personal expectations and they perform their job with excellence, consistency and integrity. A DDS or DMD after a person’s name does not necessarily guarantee that he or she is a truly exceptional dental professional. If the dentist you are considering performed exceptionally well in dental school, it tells you a lot about that person’s dedication and commitment to personal excellence.
- Dr. Apekian graduated at the top of her class at one of the most prestigious dental schools in the nation, University of California, San Francisco. She was one of ten students inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon, an honor society selected by faculty members of the dental school. She has been in practice for over 7 years. Dr. Apekian is personally committed to continuing education and routinely receives 2-3 times the number of course units as required by the dental board.
- Professional Reputation. The internet now makes it quite easy to determine a dentist’s professional reputation. By doing a search on that dentist’s name or the name of their practice, you will typically see what former and current patients have to say about their experience with that dentist because his or her professional reputation is now in full view: the good, the bad and the ugly. You’ll get a pretty clear impression about what other patients’ experiences have been with that dentist’s personality and pleasantness, expertise and skill, and care and sincerity. See what others are saying about a particular dentist on Google, Yelp and other online review sites, and you will have a pretty good idea about what your experience will be.
- Dr. Apekian wants to change the attitude people have towards dentistry one patient at a time. She believes there is truly no reason a dental visit should not be completely comfortable and a pleasant experience. With Dr. Apekian, numbing is painless, crowns can be completed in one visit, and routine x-rays can be taken without being gagged. See what others have to say about their experience at Midtown Dental: http://www.yelp.com/biz/jenny-apekian-dds-midtown-dental-sacramento
- Practical Advantages. Evaluate the other practical reasons to consider a dentist, such as their location. Local convenience is good, but remember that the additional travel time to see a truly great dental professional can easily be worth the extra time and effort. Also consider insurance and financial or credit offerings. You can usually find this information on their website or from a quick phone call. If you need a particular procedure performed, such as Invisalign® braces, dental implants, Cerec® crowns, sedation dentistry, porcelain veneers, etc., you will want to be sure that the dentist provides that particular service or procedure.
- Dr. Apekian can complete most dental procedures at the office without referring out to a specialist. You don’t have to go to a different office for most root canals or extractions anymore. With a convenient location right off the freeway at 29th and J and parking on the street as well as in the building, Midtown Dental is well situated between East Sac and Midtown Sacramento. Midtown Dental can bill all PPO insurances. Dr. Apekian is an expert in invisalign, implants, and cosmetic dentistry. She puts her same enthusiasm to perfecting a crown with same-day Cerec® crowns, as she does in her art. Come see some of her paintings at Midtown Dental.
While there are other factors one can consider when choosing a dentist, I have personally observed that the best dentists have a verifiable commitment to Personal Excellence, a sterling Professional Reputation built upon their patient’s positive experiences, and they offer Practical Advantages that make your decision simple and logical. I’m convinced that you will find all of these essential attributes in abundance with Dr. Jenny Apekian of Midtown Dental. I am also convinced that she is easily one of the very best dental professionals you can choose for you and your family in Sacramento, California.
Author: Richard Mikesell, Marketing Consultant to Dental Professionals